Here you will find some tips on how to choose a quality natural fur coat, fur vest or fur hat that will best suit your needs :
- Always check the tag for the origin of the fur and for the manufacturing location
The highest quality coats often come from Europe and North America. Most furs come from China, however,
you may also find a quality coat manufactured there, but the risks to pay the same money for less quality can be really high..
- If you are looking for a high quality fur , look for an un-dyed fur coat
Usually dyes do not harm the fur in any major way but instead it impacts the texture of the fur .
- Do consider why you want to purchase a fur coat
If you want to make a fashion statement, look for a trendy cut or colored fur or if you want it as a long-lasting investment piece, buy more of a traditional coat.
- Try choosing the right fur type that will fit your needs
- Fox, raccoon or chincilla if you are going for a more trendy design;
- Lamb fur if interested in wearing your coat for outdoor activities in cold weather;
- Choose mink for a blend of both style and weather-resistance.
- Always determine your budget in time knowing how much you can afford to spend and buy the highest quality coat based on that amount
Quality mink coats tend to be expensive, but you can find other high-quality furs, such as sheared beaver, at a lower price.
- Deciding on a lenght will narrow your search in finding your best quality fur
- Full-length coats will suit best for formal occasions;
- Three-quarter length coats can be worn both for formal occasions or casually;
- Shorter, snugger coats can be worn for outdoor activities.